Mentorship is one of the main activities to inspire, encourage and support you.
Mentors can be connected with through digital channels and are acquired via Microsoft’s Community Mentors Program , HP, Salesforce, Oracle, Accenture, Cisco or MicroMentor.org amongst others.
The mentors are experts from the STEM industry, such as:
1. IT experts in the field of digital transformation.
2. Experts in the field of e-entrepreneurship and start-ups.
3. Engineers (from different disciplines / industries).
4. Physicists and mathematicians.
5. Computer scientists and developers.
6. Digital professionals at international companies (marketers, consultants, salesman etc.).
§Benefits of the mentorship program:
Benefits for the mentees:
- Accessibility: gain access to contacts / connections, resources, support and new material / knowledge.
- Determination: through the presence of a mentor, students can stay focused and achieve goals faster.
- Solution-oriented thinking: mentors have work experience and more expertise that enable them to help with solving problems, discovering potential mistakes, and challenging your thinking.
- Self- confidence: through guidance, support,there's a boost in one’s confidence.
- Having a confidant: have someone you can trust and rely on.
- Building a network: this can be useful for future internships and jobs both nationally and internationally.
- Having a role model: a mentor can act as a role model by sharing own experiences, life lessons, failures, successes and wisdom etc.
Benefits for the mentors:
- Rewarding: a way to give back to society.
- Contributing to economic and social progress: by sharing knowledge, experience, time, values, etc. the community's educational level will be enhanced.
- Increasing confidence
- Improving communication skills and people management
- Improving listening skills